Transnational access has launched for the ASCENT+ programme. To learn more about ASCENT+, sign-up, view available infrastructure offerings and submit and enquiry, please follow this link to the ASCENT+ website:
Quantum Computer Engineering Centre (QCEC) at Tyndall
Tyndall recently launched a Quantum Computer Engineering Centre (QCEC) to further develop and realise the potential of quantum technologies.
Giorgos Fagas: Publication of Tyndall Position Paper on ‘Ireland’s role in the global semiconductor industry’ (featured in Irish Times, Business Post, Irish Examiner, Silicon Republic). https://www.tyndall.ie/news/tyndall-calls-for-a-chips-strategy-for-ireland//
Michael Nolan Interview on Newstalk FutureProof, https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/futureproof-with-jonathan-mccrea/the-science-of-semiconductors
Giorgos Fagas featured in this January’s Connected Magazine with Business Post article: Quantum tech prepares for its big leap | Business Post
Lynette Keeney volunteered at the Fota Mad Scientist event at Fota Wildlife Park, 15th July 2023.
- Aleksey Andreev joined QED Group
- Arifutzzaman Rahat joined QED group
- Aashi Gupta joined QED group
- Vlada Rubika joined AMSG
- Emanuele Pelucchi Funding: Award from SFI Frontiers for the Future programme; “Expanding” site-controlled quantum dot technology: photonic cavity toolkit development for quantum integration (Exquis)
- Ray Duffy, Nikolay Petkov and Giorgos Fagas; EPSRC-SFI funding for “Developing a quantum bus for germanium hole-based spin qubits on silicon” with University of Warwick, University of Cambridge and University College London.
- MSCA PostDocFellowship award, “2DMEM” (Supervisor Lida Ansari)
- MSCA PostDocFellowship award, “Phys-2D-Gram” (Supervisor Farzan Gity, Paul Hurley)
- IRC Postdoc, Anurag Pritam, (Supervisor Lynette Keeney) “Room temperature multiferroicity in higher-layered homologues of Aurivillius films for sustainable data storage applications”
- IRC Postdoc, Karl Ronnby, (Supervisor Michael Nolan) “Control of interconnect metal morphology on complex substrates for 3D neuromorphic architectures”October 21st 2022
- IRC PhD Fellowship, Michael Sweetman, (Supervisor Michael Nolan), “ Prediction of Metal Nucleation on 2D Materials”
- Alonso, I., Alpigiani, C., Altschul, B., Pelucchi, E. et al. Cold atoms in space: community workshop summary and proposed road-map. EPJ Quantum Technol. 9, 30 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1140/epjqt/s40507-022-00147-w
- E. Pelucchi, G. Fagas, I. Aharonovich, D. Englund, E. Figueroa, Q. Gong, H. Hannes, J. Liu, C.-Y. Lu, N. Matsuda, J.-W. Pan, F. Schreck, F. Sciarrino, C. Silberhorn, J. Wang & K.D. Jöns, “The potential and global outlook of integrated photonics for quantum technologies”, Nature Reviews Physics https://doi.org/10.1038/s42254-021-00398-z
- Jin Li, Michael Nolan, Christophe Detavernier, “A step toward correct interpretation of XPS results in metal oxides: A case study aided by first-principles method in ZnO”, Journal of Chemical Physics 2023, vol. 159, 034702 https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0154926; Editor’s Pick
- Miika Mattinen, Jeff J. P. M. Schulpen, Rebecca A. Dawley, Farzan Gity, Marcel A. Verheijen, Wilhelmus M. M. Kessels, and Ageeth A. Bol, “Toolbox of Advanced Atomic Layer Deposition Processes for Tailoring Large-Area MoS2 Thin Films at 150 °C”; ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2023 15 (29), 35565-35579; DOI: 10.1021/acsami.3c02466
- Hiller D., Duffy R., Georgiev V., Weber W., “Group-IV Semiconductor Materials for Nanoelectronics and Cryogenic Electronics”; (2023) Physica Status Solidi (A) Applications and Materials Science, 220 (13), art. no. 2300429 https://doi.org/10.1002/pssa.202300429
- Nikolay Petkov, Margarita Georgieva, Sinan Bugu, Ray Duffy, Brendan McCarthy, Maksym Myronov, Ann-Marie Kelleher, Graeme Maxwell, Giorgos Fagas, “Electron beam lithography and dimensional metrology for fin and nanowire devices on Ge, SiGe and GeOI substrates”, Microelectronic Engineering,2023, 112071, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2023.112071.